SIX WAYS TO GET YOUR MIND RIGHT AND WIN THE DAY
Before we get started on what to do first thing in the morning, start by efficiently planning the night before.
1. Unplug from Tech. Avoid your smart phone upon awakening, emails, social media and tv. If we grab out smart phone first thing in the morning we have just cultivated a reactive mindset vs proactive.
2. Get Vertical! and start moving! Although, after I take a few steps, I do like to start performing some mobility patterns to wake up my joints and get some good blood flowing.
3. Drinking a glass of water in the AM after hours without a sip is a good way to hydrate your body. If you want to choose the Ayurvedic technique, then add lemon to a warm glass of water to remove toxins from your digestive tract that may have built up overnight. It also provides a good source of vitamin C, freshens your breath, supports weight loss..key word is supports:) It stimulates the metabolism and digestive system. Bottoms up first thing in the a.m. for a healthy and refreshing start to your day.
4. Meditate to Elevate. Find a quiet place where you can focus, sitting in a comfortable position. Maybe your legs are crossed, spine is lengthened with palms face up on your knees. During your meditation, set your intention for the day. When you get clear on how you want you day to go or what you want to feel or accomplish, you can make clear decisions that creates the life you truly want to live.
5. Blend up a healthy smoothie filed with anti-inflammatory properties. Here’s a sample: Handful of spinach 1 scoop of plant based protein, 1 cup of almond milk, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 1/4 c pineapple, 1 tbsp. of crushed ginger root, dash of turmeric, ice and extra water to reach your desired texture.
6. Listen to a motivational video, podcast, favorite jam or read a page or two from a positive book instead of the TV. No news – no negativity.
I challenge you to try this protocol for one week and start developing a healthy habit by getting your mind right and win your day. I guarantee you will feel better, move better, be much happier, and productive. You will love the way you feel. You will crave more. And you will want to continue this ritual and it will morph into your normal daily morning routine.
Check out this journal from Amazon and take the time to listen to the video describing it. It’s well worth the time.
As always, my hope is that this inspired you to become a better version of yourself.
Peace and Love,